Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Self-marketing

Self-marketing

Discuss Production Techniques and ask Production Questions here.

Re: Self-marketing

Postby ninja_edit » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:30 am

I have the cheapest pro Soundcloud account, which lets you see who has listened to your tunes. I've been following them, and about a fifth reciprocate, if that helps.
ninja_edit

Postby Hedley King » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I recently got an artist Facebook page, haven't used it much and don't have many likes.....I'm not sure it's really for me (although perhaps I'd say otherwise if I had 100's of likes!).

People spent ages building up Myspace followers and it dissapeared and didn't count for much. And I don't really feel I want to spend time letting everyone to know what I had for dinner through Twitter/Facebook/Blogger/Instagram or whatever new social networking site there is this month just to get more followers, all seems a bit narcissistic. And I'm not even sure if it's worth the effort and if a lot of followers on them really helps much with your music doing well.

I want as many people as possible to hear my music but while I don't want to be deliberatly elusive I do miss the days when you wouldn't really know much about artists and all you had to go on was a name on the record. Seems that if you make really good music then minimal self-marketing (soundcloud account, posting tunes on relevant forums, email promos to the right people) should be enough to get DJ's/labels/promoters/fans doing your promo for you.
Hedley King

Postby blnd! » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Hedley King wrote:People spent ages building up Myspace followers and it dissapeared and didn't count for much.

:lol:
IMHO MySpace was in fact -- unlike facebook -- a great tool to get booked, released or get in touch with artists and people who like your music. But your are right, focusing on your music should be more important than the number of followers / likers / etc.

What did you had for dinner btw?
blnd!

Postby Hedley King » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:37 pm

blnd! wrote:
Hedley King wrote:People spent ages building up Myspace followers and it dissapeared and didn't count for much.

:lol:
IMHO MySpace was in fact -- unlike facebook -- a great tool to get booked, released or get in touch with artists and people who like your music. But your are right, focusing on your music should be more important than the number of followers / likers / etc.

What did you had for dinner btw?

I'll show you a picture of my dinner once I've got instagram and some effects to make it look like a grainy polaroid picture 8-)
Hedley King

Previous

Return to Production