Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage

Discuss Production Techniques and ask Production Questions here.

Cloud Storage

Postby DFENDR » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:17 pm

So, I'm a bit paranoid about losing my files. It's been bugging me for the last couple of days, and I'm often out of town and don't have the opportunities to back up my hard drive physically as much as I'd like. Usually a monthly operation.

Is anyone out there using cloud storage as an extra (or primary) back up for their music files? I was looking at my "PRODUCTION" folder, which is a little over 100g (doesn't include ableton library or vsts) and wondering the best way to store it. I use and love Dropbox, and am thinking about doing the 200g plan, but was just wondering if anyone had any experience with any other services they liked using, especially with any kind of DAW and producing.
Facebook / Soundcloud / Twitter

DFENDR - "Capture" (Original Mix)
http://soundcloud.com/dfendr/capture-original-mix
Out now on CK Division.
Buy it now on: iTunes || Beatport
DFENDR

Re: Cloud Storage

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:17 pm

I use Dropbox a fair bit but mainly for collaboration stuff and sending large files.
For backing up projects I use Gobbler which is excellent.

It's streamlined to upload audio, Daw projects, etc quickly. It auto detects any Daw projects on your hardrive. It's got a great desktop app (at least on Mac, I haven't tried the slightly newer PC app). It's setup to make collaborations easier. It auto detects when you've been working on a project an updates the version in the cloud (even while you're working). Another kinda cool feature is being able to manage your Soundcloud account through the desktop app and see your plays, downloads, etc on each track in an iTunes/Finder style of view.
However the major thing for me is the customer service. I got involved with them early as a beta tester and have had email conversations about ways to improve their service with the CEO. I reckon it's a pretty solid product all up, def worth looking at.

As a beta tester I got 50gb's free storage for a year so I'm not sure exactly how the pricing stacks up against dropbox. Personally I think it's a little steep all things considered but the service they provide is exceptionally high (Im just naturally stingy :? ).

If you do give it a try signing up through this link will give you (and me) an extra 500mb on top the free 5gb they give new users so hopefully that's useful for you.
https://www.gobbler.com/i/YxSWXX
Ruairidh
Hollow Legs & 1/3 of Frequent Flyers
[Facebook][Soundcloud][Twitter]

Mr.Beeb - What You Do (Hollow Legs Remix) [FREE DL]
http://soundcloud.com/hollow_legs/mr-beeb-what-you-do-hollow
Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby DFENDR » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:I use Dropbox a fair bit but mainly for collaboration stuff and sending large files.
For backing up projects I use Gobbler which is excellent.

It's streamlined to upload audio, Daw projects, etc quickly.

If you do give it a try signing up through this link will give you (and me) an extra 500mb on top the free 5gb they give new users so hopefully that's useful for you.
https://www.gobbler.com/i/YxSWXX

Wow, and half off annual plans until December 2. Thanks for this, seriously. This is like a dream come true, and I probably wouldn't have found it otherwise. :D

Already signed up, so I'm thinking about the upgrade. Cheers!
Facebook / Soundcloud / Twitter

DFENDR - "Capture" (Original Mix)
http://soundcloud.com/dfendr/capture-original-mix
Out now on CK Division.
Buy it now on: iTunes || Beatport
DFENDR

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 pm

No worries man! Glad it's what you were looking for!
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Mon May 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Thought I'd just revive this thread to let people know that Gobbler are currently running a competition with some pretty good prizes.
Sign up is free for a 5gb account and I think that you go into the draw but for the big prizes you need to refer folk.
I'm going to shamelessly pop in my referral linkhttps://www.gobbler.com/i/YxSWXX.

I wouldn't normally do this on here because it is a bit spammy but I pay for a subscription with these guys and highly recommend the software. it does a great job as an audio specific off site backup and works much better (and faster) than using Dropbox for backing up your projects (which I also use but mainly for file sharing).
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby blnd! » Fri May 10, 2013 2:19 pm

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:Thought I'd just revive this thread to let people know that Gobbler are currently running a competition with some pretty good prizes.
Sign up is free for a 5gb account and I think that you go into the draw but for the big prizes you need to refer folk.
I'm going to shamelessly pop in my referral linkhttps://www.gobbler.com/i/YxSWXX.

I wouldn't normally do this on here because it is a bit spammy but I pay for a subscription with these guys and highly recommend the software. it does a great job as an audio specific off site backup and works much better (and faster) than using Dropbox for backing up your projects (which I also use but mainly for file sharing).

i just signed up using your link :)
dont think i'll use it though cos im not too keen to install another software just upload shit to the internetz
blnd!

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Mon May 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Cheers man!

Yeh I know what you mean. Realistically it's never going to fully replace Dropbox for me so Im always running the two of them in parallel which (on my somewhat ageing macbook) isn't ideal.
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby blnd! » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Worth to check Wuala, 5GB and your data is encrypted not like on other services
https://wuala.com/
blnd!

Return to Production