Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Classic Breaks Collections?

Classic Breaks Collections?

Discuss Production Techniques and ask Production Questions here.

Re: Classic Breaks Collections?

Postby bkwsk » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Great links Rufus, awesome job. Thanks for taking the time to dig into this and then share it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
bkwsk

Postby charlux » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 am

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:So after doing a bit of googling I kept coming across references to two breaks packs but never working links for a DL. So after some serious thread searching on DOA I managed to track down working links for both of them. I'm a bit hesitant to post up the direct DL links as I don't want to break the forums file sharing rules so I'll post links to the threads on DOA I grabbed them from and point you in the right direction (lots of the links in the threads are dead so I'll be as specific as possible):
  • 101's Breakbeat Collection - This one is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Just a big folder full of all the classic breaks from Hip-Hop, DnB, etc. Loads of stuff I recognised, loads I didn't. To grab it head page 6 of this thread: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=718224&page=6&highlight=101+breaks and scroll down to a post from a dude called Mishkin (post #53). This one does not (as I thought) contain 101 breaks (in fact it has more) but was in fact put together by a forum user going by 101.
  • Declassified's Break Pack - This one is pretty good if you want to bulk out your collection with a load of more unusual stuff. All good breaks from a whole heap of genres and decades. Everything from the B-52's to Britney Spears.To grab it head to page 21 of this thread: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=272884&page=21 and scroll down to a post from a dude called D-Pression (post #206). In a similar manner these breaks are not declassified for public use (as I once again thought) but were in fact collected by a guy going by the moniker Declassifed

So hopefully that satisfies anyone like me who prefers to have everything on his Hard drive for quickly auditioning and using production wise. Let me know if you're having any problems finding the links or whatever.

Big ups! Ill be checking this out later.
charlux

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:24 pm

No worries lads!

Might start a related topic about how you use breaks in your productions.
Ruairidh
Hollow Legs & 1/3 of Frequent Flyers
[Facebook][Soundcloud][Twitter]

Mr.Beeb - What You Do (Hollow Legs Remix) [FREE DL]
http://soundcloud.com/hollow_legs/mr-beeb-what-you-do-hollow
Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby ehbrums1 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:30 pm

Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:No worries lads!

DO IT
ehbrums1

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 pm

ehbrums1 wrote:
Rufus_FrequentFlyers wrote:No worries lads!

DO IT

DONE! ;) http://futuregarageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8793
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby tpc_uk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:08 am

I used; http://www.downthemall.net/ for the rhythm labs breaks. It d/l them all super quick. I was so impressed I shipped em a donation :)

No chrome support but worked lovely on firefox/osx.
tpc_uk

Postby charlux » Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:06 am

tpc_uk wrote:I used; http://www.downthemall.net/ for the rhythm labs breaks. It d/l them all super quick. I was so impressed I shipped em a donation :)

No chrome support but worked lovely on firefox/osx.

I knew there had to be something like this! cheers man.
charlux

Postby martin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:37 am

A lot of the old hardcore tunes didn't sample old funk records, they used second generation breaks, i.e. breaks from old 80s hip hop songs that sampled an old funk record with an 80s sampler and added a few drum machine hits. it has a more "produced" sound out of the box compared to sampling the original funk break, it's maybe less organic, so it all depends on what you need.

A few examples:
kid n' play "gittin' funky"
klymaxx "good love" (this one's a classic)
shadows j "hip this house (hip-house a pella)"
kc flightt "planet e (hip hop mix)"

you can also check out stuff like the jungle warfare and jungle frenzy sample CDs...there are many breaks on those which were rinsed in old hardcore/jungle tunes.
martin

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:45 pm

martin wrote:A lot of the old hardcore tunes didn't sample old funk records, they used second generation breaks, i.e. breaks from old 80s hip hop songs that sampled an old funk record with an 80s sampler and added a few drum machine hits. it has a more "produced" sound out of the box compared to sampling the original funk break, it's maybe less organic, so it all depends on what you need.

A few examples:

you can also check out stuff like the jungle warfare and jungle frenzy sample CDs...there are many breaks on those which were rinsed in old hardcore/jungle tunes.

Cheers for that man. Thats cool to know! I hadn't realised that had been done that widely.
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby charlux » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:31 am

martin wrote:A lot of the old hardcore tunes didn't sample old funk records, they used second generation breaks, i.e. breaks from old 80s hip hop songs that sampled an old funk record with an 80s sampler and added a few drum machine hits. it has a more "produced" sound out of the box compared to sampling the original funk break, it's maybe less organic, so it all depends on what you need.

A few examples:

Thanks! Every time I've tried to make a hardcore tune it never sounded quite right using first gen breaks. Do you know what break Manic used in "I'm coming hardcore"? It sounds like the Lyn Collins Think About It break but not quite.
charlux

Postby Humanist » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:22 am

I'll just leave this here...

Various Artists - Ultimate Breaks & Beats The Complete Collection

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2254489 25 CD @ FLAC
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3005570 25 CD @ MP3

it is the largest collection of classic breaks.

Enjoy :)
Humanist

Postby bkwsk » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:47 pm

Humanist wrote:I'll just leave this here...

Various Artists - Ultimate Breaks & Beats The Complete Collection

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2254489 25 CD @ FLAC
http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3005570 25 CD @ MP3

it is the largest collection of classic breaks.

Enjoy :)

That's huge! Thanks! :mrgreen:
bkwsk

Previous

Return to Production