Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Classic Breaks Collections?

Classic Breaks Collections?

Discuss Production Techniques and ask Production Questions here.

Classic Breaks Collections?

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:22 pm

About to go on a bit of a hunt for some good quality collections of classic breaks. Amens, Funky Drummers, etc

I have a couple of these lying around but they're all shocking quality (can't remember where I go them from).

Does anybody know of any good sources or collections out there?
Ruairidh
Hollow Legs & 1/3 of Frequent Flyers
[Facebook][Soundcloud][Twitter]

Mr.Beeb - What You Do (Hollow Legs Remix) [FREE DL]
http://soundcloud.com/hollow_legs/mr-beeb-what-you-do-hollow
Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Re: Classic Breaks Collections?

Postby M@B » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:26 pm

P-Sno just told me about Lyn Collins-Think (About it). I just dled it from iTunes, so it doesn't have that vinyl quality. I will definitely be checking back to see what others know about this!
M@B

Postby charlux » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:09 pm

http://www.rhythm-lab.com/breakbeats Search no more. Thank bkwsk for showing me this originally. All breaks available in WAV and REX! But what I still cant find is the type of breaks they use in early Hardcore, most breaks sound to hip-hopish for hardcore.
charlux

Postby M@B » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 pm

Ok then. Thanks!
M@B

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:52 pm

charlux wrote:http://www.rhythm-lab.com/breakbeats Search no more. Thank bkwsk for showing me this originally. All breaks available in WAV and REX! But what I still cant find is the type of breaks they use in early Hardcore, most breaks sound to hip-hopish for hardcore.

Solid cheers dude! Turned up a link to that with a bit of googling but hadn't checked it out properly! The couple of breaks I DL'd seemed really good quality!
I couldn't see a link to DL them all at once, is it a just a caser of grabbing them one by one?
I guess that'll save HD space but it'd be nice to have them all DL'd to audition them quickly.
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby bkwsk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 am

LOL I was just getting in to post my beloved link and then I saw charlux had done it already :mrgreen: .

Well, here's another good one, if you use hip hop drums in your tunes you're going to love this:

http://www.cratekings.com/the-30-greate ... -all-time/
bkwsk

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:35 am

bkwsk wrote:LOL I was just getting in to post my beloved link and then I saw charlux had done it already :mrgreen: .

Well, here's another good one, if you use hip hop drums in your tunes you're going to love this:

Awesome, thats a real nice collection. I like that it's a bit smaller!
I found this one the same site, each file has three breaks so you gotta do some cutting but loads of classics!
http://www.cratekings.com/300-classic-hip-hop-drum-breaks-samples-and-loops/
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Postby charlux » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:30 am

bkwsk wrote:LOL I was just getting in to post my beloved link and then I saw charlux had done it already :mrgreen: .

Damn, are these for download? I couldn't find a download, I also saw their 300 Breaks pack, I was nearly salivating. :lol:
charlux

Postby bkwsk » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:59 pm

What I'd normally do if a download option is not available on those breaks is arming an audio track in Ableton and recording via Soundflower the output of pressing play on the web page. Then I'll just chop it and whatnot and use it.
bkwsk

Postby DFENDR » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:28 pm

WOWWW :shock: THIS.

Cheers, I'd been on that RhythmLab link a few times, quality stuff there. This CrateKing link is safe, good one.

Cheers again bkwsk!
Facebook / Soundcloud / Twitter

DFENDR - "Capture" (Original Mix)
http://soundcloud.com/dfendr/capture-original-mix
Out now on CK Division.
Buy it now on: iTunes || Beatport
DFENDR

Postby bkwsk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

Haha, no problem man, useful stuff right there.
bkwsk

Postby charlux » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:49 am

bkwsk wrote:What I'd normally do if a download option is not available on those breaks is arming an audio track in Ableton and recording via Soundflower the output of pressing play on the web page. Then I'll just chop it and whatnot and use it.

I didn't think of that, a little work, but worth it.
charlux

Postby blnd! » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:54 pm

charlux wrote:
bkwsk wrote:What I'd normally do if a download option is not available on those breaks is arming an audio track in Ableton and recording via Soundflower the output of pressing play on the web page. Then I'll just chop it and whatnot and use it.

The mp3 stream is usually around 112 -128 kbps. And that's shite.
blnd!

Postby bkwsk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:03 pm

blnd! wrote:
charlux wrote:

The mp3 stream is usually around 112 -128 kbps. And that's shite.

Two guesses here.

1. Being a music blog and seeing as how they are quite short clips, they might have used wav files to embed (I don't know but I guess it could be an option).

2. One will usually want these kinsd of breaks to chop them up and use them as a "background" loop or to add to the groove, in no case to be the main drums in your tune (and if you want them as main drums your safest bet is to go directly to the vinyl). And if you want to use them for groove, top-end and whatnot, this "shite" quality you mention can be pretty useful, even more so seeing as how a lot of these breaks already have their own reverbs etc. Sometimes (quite often I'd say) I find myself adding a bitcrusher/downsampler/Redux to a "clean" sound to spice it up, and if they were "128kbps one could have that "spice" already put there for you, you just have to correct via EQ or use any other FX. Sampling "shite" from Youtube can also be an aesthetic decision.
bkwsk

Postby Rufus_FrequentFlyers » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:29 pm

So after doing a bit of googling I kept coming across references to two breaks packs but never working links for a DL. So after some serious thread searching on DOA I managed to track down working links for both of them. I'm a bit hesitant to post up the direct DL links as I don't want to break the forums file sharing rules so I'll post links to the threads on DOA I grabbed them from and point you in the right direction (lots of the links in the threads are dead so I'll be as specific as possible):
  • 101's Breakbeat Collection - This one is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Just a big folder full of all the classic breaks from Hip-Hop, DnB, etc. Loads of stuff I recognised, loads I didn't. To grab it head page 6 of this thread: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=718224&page=6&highlight=101+breaks and scroll down to a post from a dude called Mishkin (post #53). This one does not (as I thought) contain 101 breaks (in fact it has more) but was in fact put together by a forum user going by 101.
  • Declassified's Break Pack - This one is pretty good if you want to bulk out your collection with a load of more unusual stuff. All good breaks from a whole heap of genres and decades. Everything from the B-52's to Britney Spears.To grab it head to page 21 of this thread: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t=272884&page=21 and scroll down to a post from a dude called D-Pression (post #206). In a similar manner these breaks are not declassified for public use (as I once again thought) but were in fact collected by a guy going by the moniker Declassifed

So hopefully that satisfies anyone like me who prefers to have everything on his Hard drive for quickly auditioning and using production wise. Let me know if you're having any problems finding the links or whatever.
Ruairidh

Rufus_FrequentFlyers

Next

Return to Production