Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 379

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Moving to England?

Moving to England?

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Moving to England?

Postby Deep Theory » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:42 am

I have caught myself thinking about this a lot lately.

Haven't been able to find a job in the last 3 months. All I do is make tunes, DJ, etc. and there seems to be more interest/opportunity in London and the home counties than here in the southern US. I'm 25.

Rational? Possible? What do you guys think?
Deep Theory

Re: Moving to England?

Postby charlux » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:14 am

Well, ANYWHERE other than the SouthEast US is better, Ive lived in the Nashville area, the supposed "Music City" for, idk, three years?( I come from Las Vegas)
It is hell, you have two types of people, rednecks and hipsters, both assholes. To the rednecks you're a fancy city boy for being able to string a sentence together and they hate that, and the hipsters are just spoiled rich kids trying to distance themselves from their obvious wealth. I dont know how it is for you wherever you live, but I can defiantly understand wanting to leave. Hopefully I'll be getting out of this hellhole soon, to the pacific northwest, hopefully...
But that doesn't answer your question, I just like to rant... well, at least visit out there, you may hate it, idk.
charlux

Postby youngsurprise » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I think a lot about that... I'm from Portugal. I live in a city where dubstep/future garage almost doesn't exist... Porto (my city) have a lot of good clubs and stuff like that but not for Portuguese producers... It's more for a techno and house style. Still if someone like Four Tet or Caribou comes the place it's full.. But like I said not for our own producers.

I'm only 19 so I think I will stick here for a long time. And I'm not a real producer/dj so I can't commit myself to that point. But I would love to spend some time on London....
FOLLOW ME ON SOUNDCLOUD -> https://soundcloud.com/owlframe
youngsurprise

Postby Deep Theory » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Charlux that sounds almost exactly like my area. There is a small and loyal following of real heads, many of them not rednecks, hipsters, or even white folks period.

I just want to make a living doing what I love (DJing). I don't mind having a part time job too. But it seems the only places where these types of moves are feasible are far away. London, San Francisco, etc.
Deep Theory

Postby ehbrums1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:20 am

Boston has one pretty sweet night for deep vibes and such but unfortunately its 21+ because it is at a bar :cry:
ehbrums1

Postby charlux » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:54 am

ehbrums1 wrote: but unfortunately its 21+ because it is at a bar :cry:

Thats the crap thing about EDM, its only played at clubs and people at clubs are only there to drink and hook up and "PaAaArrty!"
charlux

Postby ehbrums1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:02 am

charlux wrote:
ehbrums1 wrote: but unfortunately its 21+ because it is at a bar :cry:

Thats the crap thing about EDM, its only played at clubs and people at clubs are only there to drink and hook up and "PaAaArrty!"

I dont think that the kinda vibe going on here :lol:
ehbrums1

Postby Hedley King » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm

The trouble you might have coming to London to DJ Garage/Dubstep is it's almost like people going to Hollywood to become actors- there are a lot of clubs, but there are also a lot of people coming from all over the world wanting to DJ at them.

Still though, I'm from London and I love it, and if you didn't make it as a professional DJ you'd at least have a lot of clubs to go out to and a big world city with all the possibilities (and shit) that entails.
Hedley King

Return to Future Garage