Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/future_garage/futuregarageforum.com/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
FutureGarageForum.com • View topic - Future Garage' the term, your thoughts and interpretations.

Future Garage' the term, your thoughts and interpretations.

Future Garage Music Discussion, Debate, Appreciation etc..

Future Garage' the term, your thoughts and interpretations.

Postby roots » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:13 pm

So, Ive recently joined this forum want to get something going.
My foundations in music consists of many different types and styles therefore I have created a sound in my sets and original works that compliments that. Because of my roots in an earlier sound, my interpritatation of a term is just that of one that constantly circulates.

I would like to know your own interpritatation of the label "future garage" what this means to you how how you go about creating a sound that compliments it.

For example, my sound design revolves around my roots in early 90's hip hop, breakbeat hardcore, jungle and early speed garage/4x4 and the darker 2atep sound.

I love old rustic drums/breaks which you will hear a lot in my mix's. For some this obviously doesn't sound clean or "new" but it's a sound I've grown to love and have tried to emulate since.

So my interpretation of future garage is not that of a newer defined sound, but of the life cycle of Which music seems to go through. I call it cycles, ;) so I guess my sound is more true to what garage once was and probably what it originally intended to be before it took it's growth.

So please all share you're own interpretations and opinions.

And we can talk all past, present, future music ;)
roots

Re: Future Garage' the term, your thoughts and interpretations.

Postby roots » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:22 pm

This has probably been posted here similarly before so sorry if I'm already repaying an ongoing post :)
roots

Postby tokainum » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Yeah this topic has been posted before, but I think they were more focused on stylistic qualities.

I definitely hear a nostalgic element - not that its a rehashing of old stuff, but that FG took elements from the 90s and 00s and turned it on its head. IMO all music is really just derivation of music from the past -- FG really accentuates this point.

But mostly its all about the catchy beats :mrgreen:
tokainum

Postby roots » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 pm

Love the catchy beats!!
roots

Postby Shipwrecked » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:09 am

I'd like to take this as an opportunity to discuss a style of "future garage" that I'm most into, with big names such as Asa, Sorrow and Stumbleine. These guys don't have the same 2-steppy, 90's garage production style that is mostly associated wit FG, but I have yet to hear anybody classify their music as anything but future garage, and maybe (glo fi/post-rock in the case of stumbleine). what are your guys' thoughts on this style? Do they still fall into the category of Future garage?
Shipwrecked

Postby roots » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Shipwrecked wrote:I'd like to take this as an opportunity to discuss a style of "future garage" that I'm most into, with big names such as Asa, Sorrow and Stumbleine. These guys don't have the same 2-steppy, 90's garage production style that is mostly associated wit FG, but I have yet to hear anybody classify their music as anything but future garage, and maybe (glo fi/post-rock in the case of stumbleine). what are your guys' thoughts on this style? Do they still fall into the category of Future garage?

It definitely can be, and I can't see why not, I can honestly say now that if I went through some of my older rare vinyl or white labels I had collected over the many years there are some similarities between this styles and some of the darker 'experimental' tunes that where out around the mid to late 90's it just never really took off as much in the club scene then so it was less known.

Plus I don't see future garage as having any set rules or "styles" in which to abide by to class it such.

Another reason to love it :)
roots

Return to Future Garage